- This week we started discussing Chanukkah. We told the story of Judah the Maccabi, the ruining of the temple, and the "Kad Katan" (the small pitcher), that contained a tiny amount of oil, that miraculously lasted for 8 days and nights. We sang the song "Kad Katan" and many other Chanukkah songs in English and Hebrew.
- On Thursday, Melita brought her big Djembe drum, and we sang more songs with her.
- We explored shadows, light and darkness, using flashlights.
- We experimented with trying to mix oil and water (spoiler alert- they don't mix! but it's fun to shake the bottle and keep trying)
- We made candle drip art- the kids showed how safe and careful they can be when using lit candles around a table full of friends.
Other things that happened this week:
- We made water color art.
- We put up our mixed-media communal artwork on the wall over the blue rug.
- We made a tent under the deck outside, using blankets. The children ran and brought food from our herb garden, and ran back to the tent "because it was raining".
- Some of our snow peas are climbing the poles we put in for them. We planted more seeds and plan to continue this next week. Each child can plant a seed, but we agreed that once they are in the ground, the belong to all of us.
- Colin played his guitar a lot, especially the rebel hit "Mama don't allow"
Anna, Angelina and Colin