HaShavuah - June 3 26 Iyar
Lots to report from these last 2 weeks:
- We have a sensory table in the kitah now, containing fun things to explore like pompoms and cones. Would you like some ice cream??
- We made sand playdough with sand from our yard!
- We watched a caterpillar become a butterfly, and set it free in the garden. It's an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, yellow and black. Miraculous!
- Celebrating wheat as we count the Omer, we made scones, french toast with dates and challah with dates-delicious! We have been reading library books about bread from all over the world.
- We juiced apples and added wheatgrass we grew in the kitah. Ofra taught us that chlorophyll would turn the wheatgrass green, and it did!
We celebrated the birthdays of Orly and Nili with a vegetable train
- For Lag BaOmer we had a medura/bonfire (pretend) outside, and enjoyed baked potatoes and watermelon, like they do in Israel (for real)!
We pressed flowers onto fabric. These pieces of art are hanging in the kitah.
Onward to Shavuot.
Judy, Ofra, and Ruth