This week we took advantage of the glorious weather to enjoy a Park Day, and a "Beach" Day. Even if you didn't wear your beged yam/bathing suit, a splashing good time was had by all. We explored moon sand and shells in the sensory table, and ate avatiyach/watermelon too.
Did you know....
- that on Mondays we harvest tavlinim/herbs for besamim/ritual spices at Havdalah, dry them during the week, and use them in our challah dough?
- that we grow basil, lavendar, lemon thyme, oregano, sage, mint, rosemary, and tarragon?
- that our veggies include corn, lettuce, parsley and kale?
- that we have a random sunflower sprouting up?
- that you can eat borage?
- that our flower garden includes pansies, geraniums, succulents, and other plants left over from Shabbat kiddushim and then given a new home in our yard?
- that we are growing yarrow, marigold, and coreopsis, both for creating plant dyes and for attracting butterflies?
- that one of our caterpillars is now in its chrysalis, with a few babies getting bigger every day?
See how we grow!
Shabbat Shalom U'mevorach,
Judy, Ofra, and Ruth