As we returned from break the children were excited to share the joys of staying home, going on excursions to Israel, to museums and amusement parks, and to visit relatives. Some engaged in wintry fun like skiing, snowboarding, making and throwing snowballs, and ice skating.
- Orly and Nili welcomed a new baby sister -- Mazal Tov!
- Nadav was welcomed into the Nevonim kitah and Sarah joined in with the Nachshohim class.
- Colin spent 4 days with us while Judy was away.
Here are some highlights of these last two weeks:
- used cymbals and other loud instruments made of pots and pans in our outdoor classroom
- took a close look at an earthworm that a child brought in and listened to "The Worm Rap" from Melita's CD
- played in the Geshem/rain and splashed in the 'pond' the rain created on our sandbox cover!
- made water color paintings
- enjoyed ooblek among many other sensory experiences
Inside we ...
- sang our alef-bet songs
- have been enjoying new children's books with songs tha Ofra brought back from Israel. They are abut sharing an umbrella and Israel!
With Tu B'Shvat, the Birthday of the Trees, coming soon we ...
- have been talking singing and dancing in celebration
- we have gardened both indoors and out
- we will continue to explore in detail the world of seeds, plants, trees and fruit for the next 2 weeks!
We are very excited ...
Our kale seeds have sprouted, hooray! We will separate the seedlings soon.
Stay warm and dry, and have a Shabbat Shalom U'mevorach.
Judy, Ruth, and Ofra