November 13, 2015 ~ Kislev 1, 5776
Rosh Chodesh/New Moon!
Chodesh tov! Here are some highlights of our week:
While learning about parashat Toldot ...
- We made lentil soup
- We talked about siblings who were not getting along and how important it is to love our family.
- We noticed that we have two sets of twins in our preschool, just like the brothers in this week's parashat ... except they get along better!
Outside we ...
- We played in the geshem/rain!
- We continue to love playing in our yard with the Nachshonim!
- We observed our wooden decorations hanging in the yard.
Our visitors included ...
- Kaila, a preschool alum, and her ima.
- We jumped and danced with Melita.
- We now have corks for the mezuzah batim/cases we made.
- We are discussing the next step of making "klafim" (inserts).
In this season of harvest ...
- We removed kernels from dried corn from the cob and ground it with a mortar and pestle.
- The children suggested making cornbread...(more on this next week)!
Other activities included ...
- We reminded each other how to take care of our toys.
- We beaded with pipe cleaners and beads.
- We are enjoying library books that Ruth brings. This week featured two by Polly Dunbar.
Shabbat Shalom u'mevorach!
Ruth, Ofra and Judy