HaShavua - Nevonim
24 Cheshvan, 5776 - 6 November, 2015
Hello, all! Here are some highlights of this week, as we enjoy this beautiful autumn weather:
- We played with old CD's in the kitah, noticing that they reflect sunlight and create a keshet/rainbow on our ceiling!
- We sang "Doda Tova" in Hebrew, a song about Aunt Tova and her magical, sprouting hat!
- We learned about and investigated mezuzot up close, seeing how the cases contain a klaf/parchment with the Shema written on it
- We are compiling our own mezuzah prayers and wishes for our play space
- Judy showed us her tefilin, which mention the mitzvah of the mezuzah in the V'Ahavta prayer
- We sculpted mezuzah cases (batim) to take home out of Model Magic and then painted them. Next week we will add our own personal klafim/parchments. We also worked on one together, that we will hang on the playhouse outside!
- We washed baby dolls with soapy water in the sensory table
- We played with sawdust and also made mud!
- We enjoyed our "outside" pots and pans in the play yard, making many sand cakes
- Judy shared a poster about Rivka from this week's parsh of Chayei Sarah, and how she showed great kindness to people and animals
- Menachem visited and retold the Rivka story
- We have been reading books about new siblings
- We observed and harvested heirloom corn kernels. We will explore more about corn next week.
Shabbat Shalom Umevorach!
Judy, Ofra, and Ruth