HaShavua ~ Nevonim
September 25, 2015 ~ Tishrei 12, 5776
This was a fabulous week of learning of all kinds for the Nevonim, touching on Rosh HaShanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot!
Here are some highlights:
- We used our apple slicer and Ofra's dehydrator to make dried apple rings--delicious!!
- We took small groups to find tzedakah boxes throughout the building. We gathered them and observed them, noting similarities and differences.
- We investigated the food barrel, our biggest tzedakah box here at Congregation Netivot Shalom! We put some grape juice bottles in it.
- We made our own tzedakah boxes!
- We made "Rude Vegetable Stew" based on the eponymous Rosh HaShana book.
- We heard the story of Yonah and the Big Fish.
- We talked about Yom Kippur and gave each other band-aid stamps for hurt feelings.
- We decorated the synagogue sukkah with chains and cardboard art.
- We sang Sukkot songs with Melita and Menachem.
- We used sandpaper to smooth our outdoor block set
- We did an art experiment with chalk and glue.
Shabbat Shalom U'mevorach, and Chag Sameyach!
- No school Monday and Tuesday in observance of Sukkot
- Sukkah Stroll, Thursday morning. Volunteers needed!