27 March, 2015 ~ 7 Nisan, 5775
Pesach Projects proliferated this week!
- Kos Pesach:Wedecorated cups!They can be used for Kos Eliyahu/Elijah's cup or Kos Miryam/Miriam's cup. NOTE: Handwash, and only on the inside.
- Torn paperCollagesabout the YamSuf/Sea of Reeds and the Jewish people walking through it on dry land
- We practiced cleaning for Pesach!
- We made Matza Pizza!
- Using cloth, fabric paint and batting we made pillows for reclining/mesubin at our Seders.
- We practiced the Four Questions and learned a special song about the order of the Seder with hand motions.
- We made paper and sock puppets for Pesach.
- We made paper Seder plates.
- We were avadim/"slaves"and made"bricks"without straw.
- We read The Mousein theMatzaFactory, one of Ruth's favorite books
- aPesach book using our own easel paintings.
- In book club, we read the ShabbatLion:AJewishFolkTale from Algeria.
- We made paper and bricks from slurry.
In the garden ...
- We transplanted corn sprouts.
- We picked chiaand pea shoots and pods, and ate a salad!
- We made lemonade from the GIANT lemons from Lauren's house.
In the community ...
- We visited the library for stories with Nora and went to Berkeley Way Mini Park.
Shabbat Shalom U'Mevorach!
Judy, Ruth, and Inbal