October 20, 2014
26 Tishrei, 5775
Shalom Nachshonim Families,
The last couple of weeks have been delightful and we would love to share with you what we have been up to.
-We made and hung decorations in the Sukkah
-We enjoyed eating our lunches in the Sukkah, and then spending time outdoors in the courtyard. We brought some balls and colorful cones to play with after our meals.
- We have been playing with our toy tools, we observed how the Sukkah is built with beams on the side and a schach/what we call the sukkah's roof.
-We hammered wooden golf tees into our play dough and styrofoam.
-Ofra brought in her saw and the children watched her cut a stick of bamboo to the right length to help support our ficus plant growing in the kitah.
- We have a couple books about Sukkot that we have been enjoying.
-We played with cacao mulch outside in our sensory table and it smells like chocolate.
-We played with sticky foam and our small farm animal toys.
- We had a very fun and messy foam paint experience all over the table. The children used their hands to mix the paint. We also took some paper and laid it on top of our painty table to make foam paint prints.
-We have a giant cardboard tube that we have been using to send our toy cars down the ramp
- We had a great time involved in some big body play in social hall. We used our tumbling mat, our tunnel, scarves and ribbons, and of course the kids love to play with the plastic chairs that live in the social hall.
- We had a visit from our new substitute teacher named Ahava.
-We had visits from Melita our music specialist. And we had visits from Rabbi Creditor. Both of them bring their guitars when the come to see us!
-Ofra brought in her Ukulele this last week to share music with the children.
There is more to come!
Thanks for reading
Ofra and Vered