Nevonim - haShavua - October 24, 2014 / Tishrei 30, 5775
Hello, all, and welcome back to a full week!
After all of our special events and explorations about the Tishrei holidays, including shofar, apples and honey, a Rosh HaShana Seder, kittel, Sukkot, 4 minim/Species, and Simchat Torah, here are highlights of this week:
Stories about Noah and Na'ama, in the form of felt boards, books, a special pillowcase, and animal play were dominant
- We experimented with keshet/rainbow patterns through various art media like chalk,crayon, even challah!
- We played "ice cream store" outside
- We read a very silly Book with no Pictures
- We practiced and performed a Noah's Ark play!
- We looked at maps, exploring land and water
- Dirt play outdoors: messy is fun!
- We investigated prisms
- We had two outings going to the West Branch Library to read stories with our favorite librarian, Nora, on Wednesday and playing at Berkeley Way Mini Park on Thursday.
Shabbat Shalom u'mevorach!
Judy, Ruth and Anna