HaShavua ~ Nevonim
September 12, 2014 ~ Elul 17, 5774
Highlights or our active week:
- Inspired by Buzz!, a book about a bee farm in Israel, we made beeswax candles
- We painted with red, green and yellow apple colors
- We chose our favorite apple flavor from Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, and Granny Smith and reviewed the tree fruit bracha/blessing: Boray P'ri Ha'Eytz!
- Some children were "spies" so we went outside to spy for some signs of fall
- Some children made Shana Tova /A Good Year cards, and some blew a Shofar !
- In the afternoon we read lots of dragon stories
- Menachem taught us this week's parasha, about including people in the community
- We heard the story about the star inside the apple, and made prints from apple cores to see the stars inside
- Some children tasted rimmon/pomegranate and enjoyed a story about a magic one
Reminder: Support our preschool through the purchase of t-shirt and honey. Contact Lauren for details.
Shabbat Shalom U'mevorach!
Ruth, Anna, Yehudit, and Simone