October 19th, 2012
3 Cheshvan, 5773
Shalom Nachshonim Families,
We have a lot of things to share with you about our week. Here are the special things that occurred at preschool:
- We gathered fallen leaves from our play yard and brought them into our kitah. We placed them in our science area. We noticed how each one has a different color.
-We read "Autumn's First Leaf", a story about three leaf friends at the top o a tree and how they transform in the fall to yellow.
-We have been discussing how this time of the year is called Autumn and some of the things that happen now, such as leaves turning and falling and the kinds of fruit in season now.
- On Tuesday, we had a special activity. Hadas and her Ima(mama) Jess shared with us their experience of when they went apple picking recently. They brought in a box of apples. They also brought in photographs of the the day they went picking and we got to see where the fruit came form. They brought in apples with lots of different colors. We enjoyed tasting the apples with various things such as sunflower seed butter and honey. We also got to taste apple juice.
-Jess also brought in some library books about apples and we have been reading them this week.
-On Wednesday, Ofra brought in her fruit/veggie juicer and we made fresh apple juice with the apples that Hadas shared with us.
- We made a large communal painting that we plan add more to and to hang when finished.
- We fed the guinea pigs some cilantro and some wheat grass. As usual, we also changed their bedding twice this week. On Monday and on Friday.
- At circle time on Thursday, we had our first fire drill. Now we know what the fire alarm sounds like, the children helped make the siren noise as we walked out of the building. We now also know which door to exit if an alarm were to go off.
Noah's Ark, (This week's Parsha)
- We have been reading books about Noah's Ark. We talked about how it is one of the stories written in the Torah.
- We have a wooden Noah's Ark, with pairs of wooden animals inside.
-On Thursday, a small group of Nevonim came outside to practice a Noah's Ark play with a live audience, us.
- We have some new documentation boards outside in the hallway. With images of activities and the children's quotes.
We will see you next week.
Ofra and Anna