September 21, 2012
5 Tishrei, 5772
Shalom Nachshonim Families,
We had a short week, but still quite exciting! Here are some of the things that took place in the kitah this week.
-To begin with, we would like to share with all of you that we love to dance and sing, and we find ourselves doing just that often throughout the day.
-We have placed a height chart on the wall and we have made marks to see how tall the children are. We plan to use this again at the end of the school year to see how much we have grown.
- On Tuesday, we made green play dough together. We used the electric skillet to prepare it so we had some discussion about staying safe when it is on.
- We have been reading many books about feelings and how to make each other feel good, such as "Hands Are Not For Hitting", "The Way I Feel", and books about friends.
- Ofra brought in a yellow corn to eat at lunch time. She also brought a decorative corn that she grew at the community garden. It is very colorful, and the kernels are shades of purple, blue, red and orange. We were able to compare the two. We have put it in our science area to observe and explore.
- On Friday we baked challah to take home and for our pretend Shabbat.
- We have been using lots of Hebrew in the kitah. We have been singing, reading and conversing in Hebrew.
- We hung more art on the well to brighten our environment.
We hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.
Ofra and Anna
We are devoted to helping children learn socialization skills, building their self-confidence and teaching them the preliminary skills to explore and experience the world independently from their parents.
In addition, we seek to ignite a spark in each child to lay claim to her or his Jewish heritage and commit him or her to a lifetime passion for learning.
Friday, September 21, 2012
HaShavuah - Nachshonim