April 6, 2012
14 Nissan, 5772
Shalom Nachshonim Families,
We hope everyone has a wonderful Pesach tonight. Here are some of the
things that occurred in the kitah this week.
-The Pesach puppet show is still being requested at circle time!
- On Monday, we played with shaving cream and our soft blocks. The
shaving cream holds the blocks together, just like mortar. Some children
were letting out large sighs and explaining how difficult it is be a slave.
- We had several cleaning tools in the kitah this week as we cleaned our
space of chametz. We used dust pans and brushes, dusters, and rags. We
moved all the baskets and toys off the shelves and cleaned the chametz
that might be hiding back there.
- We talked about the different places that people will be going for Pesach.
- We read a lot of books about Pesach this week, learning more about the
story of Pesach and the Seder itself.
-We have some new toys in the kitah. Two new chairs just the right size
for our baby dolls. We also have some dollhouse sized baby cribs and a
stroller. But we don't have babies for the small toys! So.....
-So we drew babies on fabric, cut them out and stuffed them with cotton
balls. After, Ofra sewed up the edges with a needle and thread.
-Some children created "baby" stuffies and some children made other
things. One child made a ship, and another child made G-d.
- We tasted nasturtium flowers that one of the children brought in. SPICY!
- We fed the guinea pigs parsley that has been growing in our play yard.
-We played with Cacao mulch in our sensory table some more this week.
- Anna was not in this Friday because she got on airplane on Thursday to
Baltimore to visit her brother and see her parents. Nina was in on
Friday to help out and sub for her.
Hopefully everyone will have a pleasant Seder tonight and Chag Sameach!
Ofra and Anna